One of the most popular times for family travel is during Spring Break. It is the perfect time to plan a fun-filled getaway filled with warm Spring temperatures, and it is also a fun time to escape your busy work or school schedule and enjoy some fun in the sun with your family. Here are some of the best places to take your family for Spring Break in 2022, and are all wonderful ways to enjoy some family time and relax.
7 Best Warm Weather Escapes that Make the Perfect Vacation Destinations for a Family Spring Break
- New York City – NYC in spring offers almost perfect weather and fewer crowds. Enjoy touring iconic landmarks like the Statue of Liberty, Central Park, the Empire State Building, and Times Square. Your family will also love the amazing Broadway shows, spending the day at the American Museum of Natural History, and eating all of the amazing cuisines the City is known for.
- Amelia Island, FL – Once you visit Amelia Island, a slice of paradise located in Northern Florida near Jacksonville, you will be hooked for sure. This peaceful island offers a serene getaway for families without the commercialization of so many beach towns. Enjoy spending quality family time on the gorgeous sandy beaches and making memories while fishing, swimming, flying kites, and more.
- Hilton Head Island, S.C. – Nestled along the coast of S.C., the 12-mile-long island of Hilton Head is a top choice for Spring Break for families. With over 14 miles of pristine beaches, a variety of world-class golf courses, and over 100 miles of bike and walking paths, this relaxing island offers plenty of things to see and do with something for the whole family to enjoy.
- Orange County, California – Family fun awaits in beautiful Orange County CA. From near-perfect weather, fun-filled amusement parks, days at the beach…and of course celebrity sightseeing tours – this Southern California vacation destination is a wonderful way for families to explore LA and San Diego while enjoying the beautiful California sunshine.
- Washington D.C. - Choose an adventure in the nation’s Capitol with a Spring Break trip to Washington D.C. See popular attractions such as the White House, the Smithsonian Museum of Natural History, the Washington Monument, and more. March and April are the absolute best time to visit Washington D.C., as the cherry blossoms will be in full bloom to enjoy. Enjoy the views around the Tidal Basin and plan it perfectly to attend the National Cherry Blossom Festival.
- Orlando – Nothing says family Spring Break like a vacation in Orlando, FL. Visitors can enjoy various activities during their vacation in Florida, including popular theme parks, amazing kid-oriented resorts with numerous pools and water activities, and even professional sporting events.
- The Grand Canyon – People from all over the world travel to see the majestic Grand Canyon. From exhilarating hikes to beautiful sights, this popular attraction sees over six million people each year. Enjoy camping, exploring, a helicopter tour, and of course, breathtaking views of the canyon that simply cannot be matched.
Plan and Pack for Your 2022 Spring Break Escape
In addition to choosing the perfect Spring Break destination, it is important to anticipate your family’s needs when you pack to ensure everyone has a wonderful time. Not only does it properly prepare you for the week’s activities, but it also saves you the cost of having to rent the things you need. Items like kid’s swim goggles and other sports essentials, including diving masks with prescription inserts, can be bought ahead of time so that you and your family will have everything you need to get the fun started upon arrival! A few things that you definitely should not forget to bring along are listed below to help ensure you all have the best vacation ever.
Don’t Forget to Pack…
- Extra Bathing Suit
- Plenty of Sunscreens
- Prescription Swim Goggles
- Beach Towels
- Sunburn Cream
- Diving Masks
If you are planning a family vacation, do not underestimate the importance of packing well so that there will be no snafus and everyone will be smiling! From sport glasses and prescription swim goggles to comfy shoes and road trip snacks - savvy packing will help your family enjoy their Spring Break escape and enjoy your warm-weather family vacation!