Prescription swim goggles are essential for swimmers who require vision correction. To ensure optimal performance and longevity, it's important to clean and maintain your prescription swim goggles regularly. By following the proper cleaning techniques and maintenance practices, you can keep your goggles in excellent condition and enjoy clear vision during your swim sessions.
Cleaning & Maintaining Prescription Swim Goggles
In this blog, we will provide a step-by-step guide on how to clean and maintain prescription swim goggles effectively. Trust Goggles N More to provide high-quality prescription sports glasses and goggles tailored to your needs.
- Cleaning Prescription Swim Goggles
- Rinse After Each Use: After swimming, rinse your prescription swim goggles thoroughly with clean, fresh water. This step helps remove chlorine, saltwater, or other contaminants that can potentially damage the goggles or cause eye irritation.
- Do not use harsh chemicals, abrasive cleaners, or detergents, as they can damage the lens coatings or frame material of the goggles.
- Gently Clean the Goggles with fresh water: Pay attention to areas that might have accumulated dirt, sunscreen, or body oils. Take care not to touch the lenses on the inside, as this can scratch the lenses or damage their anti-fog coating.
- Rinse Thoroughly: After cleaning, rinse the prescription swim goggles with clean water
- Air Dry: Allow the prescription swim goggles to air dry naturally, away from direct sunlight or heat sources. Avoid wiping the lenses with a towel or cloth, as this can leave lint or scratch the surface, as well as damaging their anti-fog coating if it's present. Once the goggles are completely dry, store them in a protective case to prevent damage.
Maintenance Tips for Prescription Swim Goggles
- Avoid Touching the Lenses: To prevent scratches or damage to the lens coatings, avoid touching the inside or outside of the lenses with your fingers or any other objects. If necessary, handle the goggles by holding the frame or adjusting straps.
- Store Properly: When not in use, store your prescription swim goggles in a protective case. This helps protect them from accidental damage, prevents scratches, and keeps them clean.
- Avoid Extreme Temperatures: Avoid exposing your prescription swim goggles to extreme temperatures, such as leaving them in a hot car or freezing them. Extreme temperatures can deform the frame, compromise the lens integrity, or damage the anti-fog coating.
- Replace Worn-Out Straps: Over time, the straps of your prescription swim goggles may become worn or lose their elasticity. Replace them when necessary to ensure a secure and comfortable fit. Goggles N More offers replacement straps for many of the prescription swim goggles models we sell.
- Avoid Excessive Force: When adjusting the straps or putting on/taking off your prescription swim goggles, avoid using excessive force. Gentle handling ensures that the goggles maintain their shape and functionality.
- Regularly Check for Damage: Periodically inspect your prescription swim goggles for any signs of damage, such as cracks, scratches, or loose parts. If you notice any issues, consider replacing the goggles to maintain optimal performance and eye safety.
Anti-Fog Coating on Prescription Swim Goggles
Certain prescription swim goggles come with an anti-fog coating to prevent fogging during swimming. To maintain the effectiveness of the anti-fog coating:
- Avoid touching the inside of the lenses, as this can remove or damage the coating.
- After each swim, rinse the goggles with clean water to remove any chlorine or saltwater residue that could affect the anti-fog properties.
- If the anti-fog coating starts to degrade over time, consider replacing your swim goggles.
Prescription Swim Goggles Need Proper Cleaning & Maintaining
Proper cleaning and maintenance of your prescription swim goggles are crucial for maintaining clear vision, durability, and comfort. Follow these step-by-step guidelines to clean your goggles after each use, and incorporate the maintenance tips to ensure their longevity. By taking good care of your prescription swim goggles, you can continue enjoying clear vision and enhanced performance during your swimming sessions.