Although warm weather is coming to an end in the North, Florida always has nice year-round weather with amazing white-sand beaches and outstanding underwater wildlife and scenery. All these make Florida the perfect tourism state for those looking to enjoy underwater excursions like snorkeling during their vacations. The state has more than 1,000 miles of coastline that offers arguably the best snorkeling in North America.
Best Places to Snorkel in Florida
With more than 1000 miles of snorkeling favorable coastline, there are many snorkeling spots in Florida. However, if you are looking for an exceptional snorkeling experience, you should visit:
Dry Tortugas National Park in West of Key West
This is a 100-square-mile national park covering seven small islands and a massive fortress at the center. The waters surrounding the seven islands offer an uncultivated noteworthy maritime construction for exploration. As the names suggest, Dry Tortugas National Park provides a pristine opportunity for snorkelers to be close to sea turtles. Moreover, various tropical fishes, starfish, and corals are abundant. You can expect viewing this world under the sea to blow your mind.
Bathtub Reef Beach in Stuart, Florida
Bathtub Reef Beach is situated at Hutchison Island's northern tip in Martin County and is a family-friendly and scenic underwater world for exploration. This beach derives its name from the bathtub-clam waters surrounding it, making it perfect for snorkeling. The bathtub reef is home to more than 500 varieties of marine life, such as endangered sea turtles and Sabellariid sea worms. This fragile ecosystem is built upon complex sand grain and limestone formations.
Cannon Beach in Key Largo, Florida
This remarkable snorkeling spot is located at John Pennekamp Coral Reef State Park and is a must-explore for lovers of shipwrecks and an amazing underwater world. Snorkeling here gives you an opportunity to explore centuries-old artifacts and shipwrecks and how marine life has colonized them. The shallow waters of Cannon Reef make it favorable for families with small kids to snorkel.
Why Should You Bring Prescription Snorkel Inserts on Vacation?
- Better snorkeling experience: Having prescription snorkel inserts on your vacations means that when you go snorkeling, you would be able to view the scenery and the marine life as clearly as you would if you were wearing your standard prescription glasses outside.
- As a result, you would have a better snorkeling experience and create incredible memories.
- Better underwater performance and safety: Since you will be seeing clearly while snorkeling, thanks to the prescription snorkel inserts
- You can explore a more extensive area more safely since you will be able to detect obstacles and other hazards underwater more easily.
Choose the Right Prescription Snorkel Inserts
- Look for affordable inserts, made of quality materials.
- Make sure they're aren't priced outrageously, and should cost you around $38.00
- Expect extra charges, since online retailers may apply for high-power lenses and lenses material upgrades.
- These prescription snorkel inserts are available in numerous size and fit options, suitable for use by children starting from 8 years old to adults
- There should be an option to customize your prescription goggle insert.
- Made from shatter-resistant material: The frames are made from TR90 material, and the lenses are made from either polycarbonate or CR39 material
- Numerous lenses and lenses total power options available:
- They also should offer custom lenses with (sphere and cylinder) total powers that range between -12.00 and +10.00. The lenses available also include single vision distance lenses, lined bifocal lenses, and progressive (no line) lenses.
- Easy to change your prescription lenses: If your prescription changes and you get new lenses, you don't have to replace the snorkel inserts. All you have to do is remove the old lenses from the snorkel inserts and replace them with your new prescription lenses.
- A sturdy suction cup mounting: prescription snorkel inserts leverage a sturdy suction cup mounting to stay in place on your snorkeling mask. This means that there is no risk of the lenses falling off from the snorkeling mask while you are underwater.
Are you planning for a snorkeling vacation in Florida anytime soon? Be sure to pack your prescription snorkel inserts! A proper snorkel insert kit includes: three reusable anti-fog cleaning wipes and a reusable pouch.
Keep in mind that for you to enjoy your snorkeling excursions, it's critical that you have the right snorkeling gear, i.e., a snorkeling mask. If you wear prescription glasses, you will likely need a custom insert. We also offer universal prescription snorkel inserts for both adults and kids.